Saturday 26 July 2014

...continued! Game 2, pSeverius vs Scaverous

So, this second game was an odd one. I had been discussing this Cryx list earlier in the day with Mazza, and felt it was very solid. I did NOT think it would make any sort of good Menoth drop though, so honestly never expected to face it.

I took the following:

pSeverius
- Revenger
- Vanquisher
Avatar
Vassal
Min Choir
Full Errants + UA
Rhupert Carvolo


And I faced:

Scaverous
- Erebus
- Nightwretch
- Nightwretch
Withershadow
Full Mech Thralls
Necrosurgeon
Warwitch Siren
Bile Thralls


I'm going to go into a lot less detail on this one, because it was a truly horrifying matchup for the Scaverous side.
He has a lot of tricks on this list...Telekinesis, Excarnating Bile Thralls, powerful magic slinging feat turn, powerful AoE spell....and he couldn't use a damned one of them. In my entire list the only models able to be targeted with any magic were the Choir, Vassal and Rhupert. And we all know what pSevvys feat does to magic on the crunch turn. I swear, hand on heart, I didn't know what list he was taking before picking my Sevvy list!

In fairness to Mazza he still pulled off some nice TK tricks on his own models, but I didnt make the same mistakes as the last game and he was fighting a really bad uphill fight. Other than Erebus and the Avatar scrapping each other effectively, and 1 purging Bile Thrall taking out half of the Errants, he really couldnt do anything of note to me and was roundly battered.

Unfortunately, I didn't learn a vast amount on this game due to the "hard counter" matchup, but I still managed to improve my positioning, activation order and general "head state", so it certainly wasn't a waste!

I did learn i need to try much harder to kill Biles too. I do NOT like them.....

We discussed the game after, and agree that he probably wont be taking Scaverous against Menoth too much!

No comments:

Post a Comment