Friday 24 October 2014

Who let the dogs out?

So with life continuing to run away like a child with scissors it is too long between painting sessions and games, until this week that is!
I finally managed to get my Goreshade list onto the table against my friend Mike over at Entoyment hobby store in Parkstone, he is fairly new to warmachine so maybe it was a tad mean but i wanted to use a fully painted army and so far I'm being terrible at getting things finished.
With a win under my belt i was confident of some success at the Journeyman league today, and when i misjudged placement of Kaya leading to a swift beat-down from Sorcha in my first game i was feeling the need to beat the cold hearted bitch of Khador in a fight, so we set up to play again, this time i was firmly fixed on a scenario win, and sacrificed my war wolves to that end, running one onto the objectives and sending the Argus to brave the side ones alone, Fran grew wise to my plan with the widowmakers running to contest my left objective, and a destroyer and two of the great bears in the centre i needed to clear them all to get the win as Sorscha was looking ready for an assasination run.
The Argus on the left flank was out of control range and failed his frenzy leaping on to the contesting widowmaker and rending him to shreds, unfortunately a frnzied beast cannot hold an objective and nothing else had the speed to get over there, I wacked my brains and set about clearing the centre, my Feral warpwolf sealed the fate of the two bears both failing tough rolls, leaving the way clear for the purblood to slam the Destroyer off the objective and take the centre.
With Kaya in the centre I remebered that most amazing of spells, Spirit door, Kaya moved towards the frenzied argus bringing it into control range and pop on to the objective taking me to 7 points and a win!


Still no paint on my models, things have been a tad on the busy side and all my hobby time is currently spent on some commission work as that will always get priority over my own toys, still not much more to do, only a week or two more of work on it all and I am commission free to get some of my own stuff done!

and hopefully post more ravings here to!

No comments:

Post a Comment